Managing a compliant records management strategy while also meeting the unique content management requirements of individual departments can be difficult. Records managers structure documents within complicated record series that mitigate risk, while general users desire easy access to content types that vary between departments. Without a flexible solution that satisfies the distinct needs of every business unit, maintaining an effective and compliant records environment creates more work for everyone.
With DoD 5015.2-certified records management capabilities built into the core architecture of the system, Laserfiche offers a universal repository to manage the lifecycles of all enterprise information assets. Through a single platform tailored to individual groups, records managers and general employees can organize the same records in the manner they each prefer, simultaneously.
The document capture and processing capabilities of Laserfiche Quick Fields, automated classification tools of Laserfiche Workflow and secure file plans of Laserfiche Records Management Edition ensure that information is accessible throughout your organization without compromising governance, risk and compliance standards. Together, Laserfiche Transparent Records Management automates the classification of incoming information while hiding the rigid structure of a formalized file plan from the average system user.
Transparent Records Management
The Laserfiche Advantage
- Comprehensive capture. Capture information from a wide variety of media (paper, e-forms, electronic documents, etc.) and software applications. Laserfiche supports distributed capture.
- Batch processing. Automatically and centrally extract data from a large number of forms, eliminating the need for manual indexing, sorting and filing.
- Foolproof security. Prevent unauthorized access to confidential client and transaction information with role-based security features.
- Validation rules. Ensure compliance and consistency when collecting client data.
- Intelligent routing and notification. Accelerate transaction approvals and minimize delays by automatically routing information between branch managers and field reps, alerting them to new tasks with automatic e-mails.
- Remote access. Grant field reps offsite access to content stored in the Laserfiche repository, enabling them to access and upload additional information while in the field.
- DoD 5015.2-certified records management. Automate records life cycle management in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive audit trails. Monitor and record all of the activities that occur in the repository to provide complete accountability and transparency enterprise-wide.
- Easy integration with existing applications. Link into your CRM system, practice management software and other back-office systems to facilitate data exchange.
Build a Foundation for End-to-End Information Management
- Send captured documents from many different sources into an Incoming Documents folder.
- Use Laserfiche Quick Fields to automatically retrieve metadata from third-party databases, Web portals and software applications without user intervention, maintaining security and ensuring that all types of records are managed according to file plans.
- Enable Laserfiche Workflow to determine types of incoming documents (e.g., insurance record, tax document, employment application.) and automatically calculate and assign cutoff and eligibility dates.
- Automate the creation of record folders in the appropriate record series established with Laserfiche Records Management Edition and move documents into the new record folders using Laserfiche Workflow.
- Use Laserfiche Workflow to automatically create shortcuts to records for many different departments and route them to the document management sections of the repository.
- Dynamically configure separate folder views for individual business units.
- Offer records managers control over the way information is categorized and filed outside the view of everyday users.
- Allow users who are not records managers to access documents without exposing the records management design.
- Prove compliance with record series rules by enabling the tracking features of Laserfiche Audit Trail.