As anyone who’s ever applied for a loan knows, a bank’s lending department is especially prone to paperwork bloat. Between appraisal orders, credit reports, approval statements and mandatory borrower notifications, a paper loan file can be inches thick.
Laserfiche eliminates the costs associated with printing, shipping and storing paper loan documentation, while at the same time streamlining lending by increasing information accessibility, improving security and automating tasks to make staff more efficient.
The Laserfiche Advantage
- Comprehensive capture. Capture information from a wide variety of media (paper, e-forms, electronic documents, etc.) and software applications.
- Batch processing. Automatically extract data from a large number of forms, eliminating the need for manual indexing, sorting and filing.
- Foolproof security. Prevent unauthorized access to confidential information with role-based security features.
- Validation rules. Ensure compliance and consistency when collecting loan data.
- Intelligent routing and notification. Automatically send information to loan processors, alerting them to new tasks with automatic e-mails.
- Version control. Track who made changes, what those changes were, when they were made and where all versions of a document are located.
- Comprehensive audit trails. Monitor and record all of the activities that occur during the lending process using Laserfiche Audit Trail. Web-based reporting enables organizations to identify trends and isolate behavior patterns, expediting audits and improving efficiency.
Laserfiche Loan Processing
- Capture: Scanner operators at branch offices generate account-specific barcode cover sheets for automatic separation of batch-scanned documents before beginning the scanning process.
- Processing: The central office uses Laserfiche Quick Fields to process the scanned images from the branch offices. Account numbers embedded in the barcodes enable the system to retrieve additional information from the bank’s database and automatically populate template fields.
- Routing: Laserfiche Workflow automatically routes documents to quality assurance operators who verify that there are no issues with the documents. Documents are then routed to loan processors, who receive notification via e-mail.
- Review & Approval: Loan processors review relevant information in Laserfiche. Using a drop-down menu, they approve or deny loans. Laserfiche can be integrated with other software applications, allowing staff to access documents from the application of their choice.
- Storage & Archival: Documents are filed to their final locations in the central Laserfiche repository and remain there for archival and retrieval purposes.