Quick and easy access to information is vital in today’s world. With Laserfiche WebLink, you offer a Section 508-compliant public Web portal that provides instant, read-only access to documents from a wide variety of Web browsers.
Laserfiche WebLink is a user-friendly public portal site for providing Internet access to your publicly available documents. It can be configured to display a visual style that matches your existing Website and to show searches and links that quickly guide users to what they are looking for.
Laserfiche WebLink is designed to be more accessible to external users who might be unfamiliar with Laserfiche or your organization’s naming conventions and filing methodologies. It acts as a customizable, searchable portal for public access to important information—while still keeping sensitive information secure.
- Offer simplified and customized searching of your publicly available documents.
- Provide read-only document access to the public—while protecting your core Laserfiche repository.
- Enable authorized persons to securely search and retrieve documents.
- Customize your interface to fit your specific needs, without extensive coding or programming.
Select a product for more information:
Provide Convenient Public Access
Laserfiche WebLink’s improved interface offers a sleeker, simpler way to provide your documents to casual searchers. Users are greeted with a friendly welcome page and an interface that offers search results similar to popular search engines. Relevant documents are easy to find, with search terms displayed in lines of context in the search results. Laserfiche WebLink also highlights relevant key words within each document, making identifying information within documents effortless.
With Laserfiche WebLink, it’s easy to provide immediate information to the public and to authorized persons:
- Deliver public documents more easily with “search crawling,” which enables users who don’t know anything about your organization to use third-party search engines to locate documents.
- Provide simplified and customized searching by listing public document types on the Welcome page. Each document type link leads to a specific search form or document list, depending on configuration.
- Offer authorized users password-protected login for personalized document access.
- Copy document text directly from the browser, or enable the “E-mail to a Friend” feature to encourage users to share links to your documents.
- Annotate documents to help public users better understand them.
- Offer high-resolution PDF document downloads to site users.
Balance Accessibility and Security
System administrators retain complete control over which documents are available over the Web. For sensitive documents, Laserfiche WebLink strictly adheres to Laserfiche security, enabling administrators to control who sees what according to their security clearance. Your organization’s sensitive information remains secure, while documents are available for viewing by authorized users.
- Deploy external document access while installing and maintaining software only on your Web server.
- Set up individual or group security so that confidential documents and folders are only accessible to users with appropriate access.
- Enforce watermarks and redactions on printing and PDF exports.
- Display only the latest versions of documents, keeping the history of changes for internal use only.
Minimize Configuration and Programming
- Provide document access through Web browsers including Internet Explorer 6+, Mozilla Firefox 2+, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Opera.
- Support mobile document access through iPhones, Android and other mobile devices.
- Secure public documents with read-only access and customizable user-based security.
- Zoom, pan or scroll across pages without reloading.
- Configure repository connections, watermarks, e-mail, usage statistics and the location of your temporary files with a redesigned Administrator’s Utility.
- Enforce watermarks and redactions on print and PDF exports.
- Design customized searches—controlling how users locate and view documents—without having to edit any code.
- Create search forms, set up the Welcome page and customize your site’s colors and logo with the WebLink Designer.
- View usage statistics for your WebLink site with the WebLink Reporting Utility.
- Make relevant documents searchable through third-party search engines.
- Expose folder content updates and search results through an RSS feed.
- Save bandwidth by e-mailing search results and document links.
Customize Your Interface to Fit Your Needs
- Add new logos and customize the overall and/or individual colors of your WebLink site.
- Customize the introductory title and text displayed on your site’s Welcome page.
- Quickly build search forms and queries using drag-and-drop functionality.
- Hide, display or rearrange the components of search results—including thumbnails and metadata—and configure additional options for entry properties, user-selected fields and metadata.
- Enable users to navigate your document hierarchy by turning on Folder Browsing.
- Enable fuzzy searches or configure Quick Search to search text, entry names, fields or annotations.
- Force users to make searches more specific by choosing a minimum number of field values users must input when performing searches.
Provide Instant Information Access with a Customizable Public Web Portal
Deploying and configuring Laserfiche WebLink is simple, whether you choose to deploy instantly after installation or customize the site using the WebLink Designer. Display a visual style that matches your existing Website, or write guided searches and links to quickly bring users to the information they’re searching for, without HTML coding or programming.
- Remote and Mobile Work
- Access Laserfiche documents from any computer with Internet access.
- Access documents from mobile devices.
- Stay up-to-date on documents added to or deleted from folders with RSS feeds.
- Search for document properties, metadata or text.
- Search via the Quick Search, Search Pane or Laserfiche advanced search syntax.
- Customize the Welcome page to include preconfigured searches.
- Image and Document Tools
- Use various toolbar buttons for flexible document viewing.
- Export and print PDF versions of documents.
- E-mail links to documents directly from the Laserfiche repository.
- System Administration
- Manage application settings through IIS and ASP.NET configuration.
- Manage Laserfiche repository connections, e-mail, watermarks and other administrative features through the WebLink Administrator’s Utility.
- Fully customize the colors, images and other components of your WebLink site with the WebLink Designer.
Installation and Support
- Thin Client
- Centrally-administered IIS Server.
- Access from a variety of browsers, operating systems and mobile devices.
- Single sign-on with Windows domain account in Active Directory.
- Authentication using LDAP accounts.
- Authentication using Laserfiche accounts.
- Configure automatic login using any account in your repository.
- Secure documents through access control lists, security tags and privileges.
- Support for SSL secure communication.
- Assign security directly to domain user and group accounts.
- Web Server Operating Systems
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008.
- Web Server
- Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2 or higher, Safari, Chrome, Opera.
- iPhone or Android.
- Integrated Windows Authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, Laserfiche Authentication, LDAP.
- VMware Infrastructure, VMware Workstation, VMware Server.