Laserfiche Web Access delivers enterprise-wide content management capabilities in a single installation. With Laserfiche Web Access, staff can search, retrieve and work on documents from the Laserfiche repository through their Web browser, whether they’re using the corporate intranet, logging in from a branch office or connecting from a laptop while in the field.
Laserfiche Web Access immediately extends better decision making, lower overhead costs and increased efficiency throughout your organization, all while relieving your IT department of installation, maintenance and troubleshooting burdens.
- Deploy instantly enterprise-wide to simplify support.
- Retrieve, work with and create documents from anywhere.
- Manage multi-site installations to control information assets.
- Expand content access and promote participation in business processes.
Laserfiche Web Access
Work With Your Documents More Easily
- Laserfiche Web Access supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher and Mozilla Firefox 2.x, so users can participate in business processes in diverse working environments.
- Importing and organizing documents in the Laserfiche repository is as simple and intuitive as it is with the desktop Laserfiche client. Specify metadata, drag and drop a document’s pages—even scan paper documents over the Web.
- A Quick Search bar appears on every page, so you can full-text search open documents, or the entire repository, at any time. Context lines in the search results display exactly where your search terms are in a document.
- Thumbnails of a document’s pages help you navigate documents more easily, as well as preview documents without opening them.
- Dynamic image viewing enables you to zoom in and out or pan in any direction by dragging documents with your mouse—with no page reload times.
- Annotation tools let you add callouts and text boxes, underline and strikethrough text, and create vector graphics—all without altering the original image. You can also attach a file directly to a document as an annotation.
- Scanned documents can be downloaded as PDF files, to which you can apply read- and write-access passwords. PDF annotations, rendered as removable PDF layers, can be displayed or hidden during viewing.
- Customizable toolbars, with their settings stored on the server, deliver your personalized interface to any location.
Support Distributed Teams
With Laserfiche Web Access, staff in remote offices can scan documents into the Laserfiche repository, with the added advantage of capturing documents closer to their point of origin. Organizations can reduce paper handling and shipping costs while streamlining operations and promoting long-distance collaboration.
No matter the distance, Laserfiche Rio customers using Laserfiche Web Access can quickly access images through Laserfiche Web Accelerator.
By acting as a proxy between the Laserfiche Server and the user, Laserfiche Web Accelerator makes image retrieval and recall as easy in the field as it is in the office. This helps geographically dispersed organizations share and access images in their Laserfiche repositories without sacrificing speed.
Support for Windows Authentication greatly simplifies security administration, and IT staff can easily add new users without physically installing any software, allowing hundreds or even thousands of users to securely participate in business processes while freeing up IT resources for other important tasks.
With Laserfiche Web Access’ cross-platform functionality, users can manage documents from a variety of Web browsers and operating systems.
Enable Mobile Content Management
Laserfiche Web Access Light, designed for Blackberry, Chrome, Opera and Safari mobile browsers, offers a lightweight Web interface for popular mobile devices, enabling users to search and retrieve documents, as well as approve documents and participate in workflow automation processes, while away from their desktop computers.
Laserfiche Mobile™ for iOS and Android is a fully functional app that takes advantage of the multi-touch screen, remote printers and camera zoom features of the Apple iPhone, enabling users to:
- Create and upload new electronic documents.
- Automatically crop, straighten and enhance captured information, with full text recognition.
- Copy, move, rename, download, e-mail, print or delete content.
- Browse for documents in a folder structure or search the entire repository.
- Participate in workflow automation processes by accessing metadata fields.
- Track and audit all mobile activity occurring in Laserfiche.
Laserfiche Mobile, which includes a built-in demonstration, is available for free download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. In order to accept connections from Laserfiche Mobile, Laserfiche Avante and Laserfiche Rio users with Web Access can download the free Laserfiche Mobile Add-On.
Expand your Content Management Capabilities
- With Laserfiche Web Access, authorized users can upload or scan documents into record series created in the DoD 5015.2-certified Laserfiche Records Management Edition. This simplifies records management by enabling staff to follow records retention procedures without prior training in records functions.
- Users can participate in approval processes designed in Laserfiche Workflow, routing documents over the Web and collaborating with staff in multiple offices.
- Laserfiche Audit Trail tracks both thick-client and Laserfiche Web Access users, generating logs showing their system activity, including times, dates and reasons for what they do.
Realize a Rapid Return on Investment
- Remote and Mobile Work
- Access full Laserfiche functionality from any computer with Internet access.
- Scan remotely with Web Scanning.
- Access documents from mobile devices.
- Search for document properties, metadata or text.
- Search via toolbar, Search Pane options or Laserfiche advanced search syntax.
- Image and Document Tools
- Annotate images with drawing tools, redactions, sticky notes and attachments.
- Collaborate with check-in/check-out, versioning and document linking.
- Export or e-mail different file formats directly from the Laserfiche repository.
- System Administration
- Manage application settings through IIS and ASP.NET configuration.
- Manage Laserfiche repository connections, e-mail, watermarks and logging through the Configuration Page.
- Additional Capabilities
- Document imaging (Web Scanning).
- Business process management (Laserfiche Workflow, Quick Fields and Agenda Manager).
- Regulatory compliance and tracking (Laserfiche Audit Trail).
- Records retention (Laserfiche Records Management Edition).
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint.
Installation and Support
- Thin Client
- Centrally administered IIS Server.
- Access from a variety of browsers, operating systems and mobile devices.
- Single sign-on with Windows domain account in Active Directory.
- Authentication using LDAP accounts.
- Authentication using Laserfiche accounts.
- Secure documents through access control lists and security tags.
- Secure deletions per DoD 5022.22 M–compatible protocols.
- Support for SSL secure communication.
- Web Server Operating Systems
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008.
- Web Server
- Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2 or higher, Safari 4 or higher, Chrome.
- HTTP/WebDAV, .NET.
- Mobile Device Access (Web Access Light)
- BlackBerry, Opera, Safari.
- Integrated Windows Authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, Laserfiche Authentication, LDAP.
- VMware Infrastructure, VMware Workstation, VMware Server.