Agile ECM engineered with Laserfiche and SharePoint 2010 provides a configurable horizontal framework that centralizes control of physical and electronic business records spread across disparate content repositories.
- Rapidly deployed transactional content management.
- Enterprise search and classification.
- Collaboration and business process management.
- Enterprise risk management and compliance.
Laserfiche SharePoint Integration
A Complete Enterprise Information Management Ecosystem
SharePoint 2010 Interoperability
- SharePoint 2010 content becomes dynamic with quick integration of line-of-business and legacy applications into ECM workflows, solving transactional document problems and achieving a rapid ROI.
- Federated search retrieves documents from SharePoint pages using both the SharePoint search across repositories and Laserfiche’s comprehensive metadata search, delivering superior flexibility and transparency.
- Content distribution to a distributed workforce becomes easy with SharePoint mobile access support, enabling browsing of content stored in the Laserfiche repository from mobile Web browsers.
- Centralized, at-a-glance access to data from all your primary applications is available with a new ADO.NET provider that enables access to the Laserfiche ECM repository with SharePoint 2010 Business Continuity Services and Windows SharePoint Services.
- DoD 5015.2-certified transparent records management automates business processes including records classification and filing—the most expensive components of records management—and simplifies the management of content created through SharePoint 2010.
- Records management document categorization is enhanced through the use of SharePoint 2010 Business Connectivity Services, ultimately reducing the cost of compliance on an enterprise level.
Access Laserfiche from SharePoint
- List any part of your Laserfiche repository on a SharePoint page.
- Scan directly to a Laserfiche folder, right from your SharePoint site.
- Retrieve Laserfiche documents or folders using the SharePoint search box.
Even when you’re working from a SharePoint site, your valuable Laserfiche repository content is right in front of you.
- Provide Laserfiche’s document imaging and archival capabilities from SharePoint sites.
- Browse the Laserfiche repository through SharePoint, with full Laserfiche security enforcement.
- Scan, process and open documents stored in Laserfiche directly from your SharePoint site.
- Open document images in Laserfiche Web Access with efficient page-by-page access.
- Apply annotations to your imaged documents or export them as PDFs from Web Access.
- Directly open Office documents stored in Laserfiche from SharePoint.
- Find Laserfiche content from the SharePoint search box, including the text surrounding matching words.
Expand Your Collaboration Capabilities
The Laserfiche and SharePoint Integration (LfSPI) is built on the power of Laserfiche Web Access, a Section 508-compliant thin client that reduces installation, support and maintenance requirements.
There are four components to the LfSPI:
- Laserfiche Web Part for SharePoint 2010: Provides personalized, authenticated access to stored content from SharePoint pages. Directly scan or upload content into the secure ECM repository from SharePoint.
- Laserfiche Search Protocol Handler and Security Trimmer: Provide federated search across content stored in both Laserfiche and SharePoint from SharePoint pages.
- Laserfiche Records Center Service: Minimize the content stored in SharePoint and move it into a centralized Laserfiche ECM repository when the collaboration phase is finished. Data synchronization ensures that a variety of tasks—such as moving documents, preserving links, limiting copies and removing deleted documents—are handled automatically, without administrative intervention.
- Laserfiche Workflow Designer: Support custom workflow activities, including SharePoint-specific activities. Use built-in activities to create workflows quickly; create custom VB.NET and C# scripts using a built-in editor or design your own activities. Export ECM workflows as Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) workflow definitions; use Visual Studio to incorporate them into your own WF workflows.
Laserfiche Web Part for SharePoint 2010—Functionality to Sites
The Laserfiche Web Part for SharePoint brings Laserfiche document imaging functionality to SharePoint sites. Simply add Laserfiche Repository Access to any SharePoint site by choosing it from the list of Web parts. Once you’ve added this component to the SharePoint server farm, you can add it to any SharePoint page, just like any other Web part.
The component has a number of configurable parameters, enabling customized functionality to fit your specific enterprise needs:
- Provide personalized, authenticated access to stored content from SharePoint pages.
- Manage imaged documents from your SharePoint site.
- Directly scan or upload content into the secure Laserfiche ECM repository from SharePoint.
- View scanned documents in the easy-to-use Laserfiche Web Access document viewer.
Laserfiche Search Protocol Handler and Security Trimmer
The integrated search capabilities provided by Laserfiche are especially useful if your organization creates large volumes of content through SharePoint, as it leverages Laserfiche’s ability to efficiently store very large content collections. While the Laserfiche Records Center Service allows you to minimize the content stored in SharePoint and move that content into a centralized repository, federated search enables users to search across all that content from a single location, regardless of how or where it was originally created.
With this integrated search functionality, users can search through the full text of documents, template fields or Laserfiche folders to find just the documents they need. Search results are displayed with lines of context and highlighted search terms—so users don’t have to open up multiple documents to find the information they’re looking for.
Laserfiche Records Center Service
From any document library in SharePoint, a user can bring up the document’s context menu and have it sent directly to Laserfiche. Administrators can configure the integration to automatically pull metadata from the content library into the document’s template when it’s sent to Laserfiche, without user intervention. Documents are automatically named and filed in Laserfiche based on this metadata. Filing documents without automatic routing rules will prompt users to choose the correct filing, subject to their security restrictions.
To keep the system from generating a copy of a document when it’s sent to Laserfiche, users can replace the document in SharePoint with a URL that points to the document’s location in Laserfiche, preserving easy access to the document. Users can also choose to keep copies of the documents in both systems or delete the document from SharePoint entirely. Because Laserfiche is thoroughly integrated with Windows Active Directory, you maintain document security at every step in the process.
Laserfiche Workflow Designer
Examples of custom workflow activities include:
- An activity that monitors the Laserfiche repository to check whether deleted documents originated in SharePoint. If so, the workflow activity removes the link from the relevant SharePoint document library, which helps preserve data synchronization.
- An activity that creates a task in SharePoint on the basis of documents meeting conditions in the Laserfiche repository. For example, you might create a workflow that automatically creates a task in SharePoint when a user receives a fax that is imported into Laserfiche from a fax server.