In today’s competitive global environment, it’s critical that you maximize the value of your IT investments. That’s why we designed the Laserfiche platform with interoperability so firmly in mind. By integrating your Laserfiche enterprise content management system with your other line-of-business applications, you can streamline work processes, reduce IT complexity and automate resource-intensive tasks.
- Integrate your document repository with other applications.
- Automate work processes and eliminate redundancy.
- Rapidly develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Increase productivity while reducing overhead costs.
Support Revenue-Generating Activities through Integration and Automation
The Laserfiche SDK contains commands and documentation that will help you use the Laserfiche API most effectively. In the Laserfiche SDK, you’ll find instructions that help you integrate Laserfiche with third-party applications, customize system functionality
and automate Laserfiche-related tasks such as indexing and retrieving documents, populating template fields and automatically generating e-mails or e-forms. Additionally, you’ll find a wealth of runnable sample code, written in both C# and VB .NET, designed to help you tailor your Laserfiche system to your organization’s specific business needs.
To promote fast distribution, the Laserfiche SDK includes pre-built merge modules. You can use these modules to create custom installation packages that contain both your own code and the relevant Laserfiche SDK components. However, you also have the option of simply installing the Laserfiche SDK libraries at your organization, without installing the merge modules.
Collaborate with other IT Professionals
On the Laserfiche Support Site, you’ll have 24/7 access to three key resources that help you maximize the value of your Laserfiche SDK investment: the Laserfiche Forum, the Laserfiche Code Library™ and the Laserfiche Marketplace.
- The Laserfiche Forum enables you to engage in discussions with other application developers and with Laserfiche staff. You can ask questions, share best practices and learn about new ways of using the Laserfiche API.
- The Code Library contains a variety of integrations and custom applications—the majority of which were created by Laserfiche Development staff—that you can download and implement at your own organization. You can also post comments and ask questions about items in the library, as well as contribute code of your own.
- The Laserfiche Marketplace provides customized modules, including integrations, configurations, plug-ins and Web tools, provided by our Professional Developer Partners. With these pre-built modules, you’ll cut development time, speed deployment and minimize costs.
By promoting active collaboration among the members of the Laserfiche community, we aim to help you optimize your organization’s information management infrastructure—without creating an additional burden for your IT department.
Automate Processes and Create Custom Applications
Laserfiche RepositoryAccess (RA) is the component of the API that enables third-party applications to communicate with the Laserfiche Server. You can use RA to automate a variety of functions, from creating folders to running security reports to populating template fields. In addition, RA ships with an ADO.NET provider that allows the repository to be queried as a structured data source.
The API’s DocumentServices (DS) library complements RA by providing access to functionality associated with the Laserfiche Client. You can use DS objects to perform a variety of import and export actions, process documents using OCR and extract text from electronic documents.
Furthermore, DS contains two new classes:
- ImportEngine is intended for batch importing and processes XML files that describe the structure of documents to be imported into Laserfiche.
- VolumeMaker enables you to create attachable Laserfiche volumes from externally provided data.
Each type of data in the Laserfiche repository is also accessible via COM libraries. Laserfiche Server Objects (LFSO) can be used to automate a variety of server and repository functions, similar to RepositoryAccess. The DocumentProcessor library complements LFSO by providing access to functionality associated with the Laserfiche Client.
Add Value to Current Systems
Many organizations, for example, rely on a geographic information system (GIS) to store and manage spatial data. Using the Laserfiche SDK and the GIS application’s API, you can image-enable your GIS software so that users can access Laserfiche documents simply by clicking a location on a map. Providing users with instant access to information from within their primary application helps them work more productively and minimizes the need for additional training.
- Key Features
- Interface with all components of a Laserfiche Server through more than 150 classes.
- Write applications that streamline bulk import and export operations. Take advantage of pre-built merge modules to easily distribute needed Laserfiche components with your custom applications.
- Interact directly with the Laserfiche Server to automate a variety of functions, including creating folders, running security reports and populating template fields.
- Provide Laserfiche Client functionality to third-party applications, such as import and export actions, process documents using OCR, and extract text from electronic documents.
- Open the Client from third-party applications directly to a document, Laserfiche Scanning, the print dialog box or search results.
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008.
- Supported Platforms
- The Laserfiche SDK includes COM, .NET, and Java libraries that are available in 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Custom solutions can be created using any language with COM support, which includes all .NET languages. Code samples in the documentation are provided in VB.NET, C# and some VBScript.