Agile Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- A licensing server to produce system licenses.
- Unlimited Laserfiche content servers.
- A fully functional, true thin client interface.
- The Laserfiche Workflow system.
- A built in auditing solution for security and compliance.
- DoD 5015.2-certified Records Management.
- Production-level document capture and processing
- Read-only public Web portals with unlimited public licensing.
- An SDK that includes COM, .NET and Java libraries.
Laserfiche Rio Advantage
Configurable Business Process Management
- Create workflows with an intuitive, graphical design tool that provides a top-down process map, toolbox of activities and wizard-driven configuration.
- Support enterprise-level integration strategies with built-in activities to automate the processing of retrieving and updating information from third-party databases.
- Extend functionality with an embedded Script Editor that supports C# or VB.NET scripting.
- Integrate with line-of-business applications by using scripts, creating custom activities, and using the Workflow SDK.
- Troubleshoot, optimize and report on system processes with an included search and reporting interface and Administration Console, or use included ADO.NET data objects to process analytics by preferred reporting tools.
Core Content Management
- Unite document imaging, document management and records management functionality as part of the Laserfiche system’s core architecture, not through separate modules stacked together.
- Eliminate silos by managing and storing content so it is accessible to multiple systems, departments and staff members.
- Scan, import, search and access documents directly from your SharePoint site with the included Laserfiche SharePoint integration.
Controlled and Flexible Governance
- Simplify governance by integrating DoD 5015.2-certified records management with Laserfiche Workflow to dynamically build customized views to the Laserfiche repository for individual business units.
- Share and enforce best practices by automating manual processes, including content classification and filing.
- Archive and manage SharePoint documents in the Laserfiche repository once the collaboration phase is complete.
- Administer repositories and the Laserfiche Rio system from straightforward MMC snap-ins that behave as expected.
- Produce licenses to deploy test, development and product systems with the Laserfiche Rio License Manager.
- Update or modify metadata, security profiles, repository structure and file plan parameters through the same intuitive tools used for initial configuration.
- Simplify integration with a comprehensive SDK, which includes pre-built merge modules, documentation, libraries (COM, .NET, and Java), and an ADO.NET provider.
Comprehensive Risk Management
- Build a common, enterprise-wide ECM infrastructure that not only meets outside regulations, but also uses auditing and monitoring to incorporate internal controls.
- Empower compliance officials to regularly review user activity, assess the effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and demonstrate regulatory compliance with Audit Trail, Laserfiche Rio’s built-in solution for security and compliance.
- Maintain granular control over content with access control lists, folder filtering, security tags and privileges.
Completely Integrated Capture and Processing
- Integrate document capture with document-driven business process automation via Laserfiche Quick Fields, the only production-level document capture and processing platform developed exclusively for a specific ECM system.
- Extend business process to the point of capture, make information accessible immediately and audit information regardless of where it is in the capture process.
- Bring capture to mobile workers with patented photo processing technology, an iPhone application and lightweight Web interfaces for mobile devices.
Laserfiche Rio Licensing & Pricing
- Scale easily from one hundred to hundreds of thousands of users. Named user licenses with significant volume discounts simplify the procurement process, eliminating long requisitions and making budgeting for an enterprise deployment much easier.
- Integrate with your existing IT portfolio. As an open platform, Laserfiche Rio facilitates and encourages integration with line-of-business and legacy applications to solve transactional document problems and provide a rapid ROI.
- Extend local flexibility. No ECM system will offer centralized control over content if it isn’t used. Laserfiche Rio is designed to provide centralization and standardization without compromising the flexibility and customization of information delivery required for defined business applications.
- Configure, don’t customize. Configuration of Laserfiche Rio’s standardized solutions leverage existing administration platforms—including Microsoft skillsets—and offer a lower total cost of ownership.
- Maintain control over your ECM environment. Support for virtualization, mirroring, test, development and other environments without the need to purchase additional software licenses puts you in complete control of system topology, high availability and recovery.
- Grow with your organization. Because needs change, Laserfiche Rio maintains flexibility to reconfigure system attributes even after release to production—using the same intuitive tools used for initial setup.
Workflow = Efficiency
|More than 60 built-in activities help you create workflows quickly, or you can create and run custom Laserfiche Workflow activities with VB.NET or C# scripts.||A graphical Workflow Designer enables you to create workflows by mapping your business process with an intuitive interface for testing, modifying and supporting Workflow activities.||Laserfiche Workflow builds on the capabilities of Windows Workflow Foundation so you can extend its functionality to all your line-of-business applications.|
|Publication and Distribution||Enterprise Risk Management||ROI for Repeatable Processes|
|Enterprise Information Portal||Personalized Interfaces||Value Creation|
|Transparent Records Management||Business Process Management||Enterprise Search and Retrieval|
|Enterprise Classification||Document Capture and ETL||Information Life Cycle Management|
|Single Point of Control
By serving as the universal repository for all organizational content (including paper forms, audio/video files, e-mail, etc.), Laserfiche Avante provides a single point of control for complete life cycle management.
By acting as integrative middleware that links into legacy systems and line-of-business applications such as GIS, CRM, ERP and more, Laserfiche Avante allows users to access information in the manner and environment in which they are most comfortable.
|Enable Shared Services
By enabling shared services, Laserfiche Avante eliminates data silos and automates cross-functional activities, accelerating collaboration and data processing enterprise-wide.
Leveraging Existing Technologies
- Web: Administer your Laserfiche Servers and repositories through a Web-based Administration Console that can be accessed from anywhere.
- MMC: Manage your ECM repositories through a Laserfiche Administration Manager snap-in for Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Event Tracing: Troubleshoot with Event Tracing for Windows (ETW), supplemented by HTTP logging and real-time “console mode.”
- Windows Event Log: Monitor system health with an errors and warnings reporting system integrated with the Windows Event Log and the Laserfiche Web Administration Console.
- WMI: Automate administrative tasks with Windows PowerShell through Laserfiche Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) or .NET interface.
- Laserfiche PowerShell Provider: Implement cmdlets and a navigation provider for managing Laserfiche ECM servers.
SharePoint 2010 Interoperability
- DoD 5015.2-certified Records Management: Simplify the management of content created through SharePoint 2010 with transparent records management that automates business processes including records classification and filing.
- Laserfiche Web Part for SharePoint: Provide personalized, authenticated access to stored content from SharePoint pages. Directly scan or upload content into the secure ECM repository from SharePoint.
- Laserfiche Records Center Service: Minimize the content stored in SharePoint and move it into a centralized Laserfiche ECM repository.
- SharePoint Search Handler for Laserfiche: Provide Federated search across content stored in both Laserfiche and SharePoint from SharePoint pages.
- Laserfiche Workflow Activities for SharePoint: Support custom Workflow activities, including SharePoint-specific activities.
- Microsoft Office: Send documents directly to the ECM repository from Office applications.
- Microsoft Outlook E-mail: Archive e-mail from Outlook and automatically extract message properties as metadata.
- Web Folders: Expose the ECM folder structure through Windows Explorer for simple drag-and-drop and browsing.
- WebDAV: Access documents stored in the ECM repository through Web Folders and other WebDAV extensions.
Business Process Management
- Workflow Designer: Create workflows by simply mapping your business processes.
- Built-in Activities: Use built-in activities to build workflows quickly.
- Extensible Rules: Create custom VB.NET and C# scripts using a built-in editor or design your own activities.
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF): Integrate primary applications into ECM workflows using the Windows Workflow Foundation and the .NET framework. Export ECM workflows as WF workflow definitions, use Visual Studio .NET to incorporate them into your own WF workflows.
Security and Auditing
- Single Sign-On: Authenticate with a Windows domain account in Active Directory.
- Permission Inheritance: Configure access through group membership, and allow users to inherit security settings from the groups they belong to.
- Access Control Lists: Secure documents through access control lists, security tags and privileges.
- Role-Based Authorization: Use granular permissions to grant access based on a user’s role.
- Privilege Delegation: Delegate security to more than one user with individual permissions.
- Secure Deletions: Secure deletions with DoD 5022.22 M–compatible deletion protocols.
- Secure Recycle Bin: Documents in recycle bin have original security fully intact. Administrators can control which users are allowed to permanently purge items from the recycle bin.
- Secure Communication: Support for SSL for secure communication.
- Auditing: Fully audit all system events.
- Reporting: Generate Web-based audit reports, available as tables or charts.
- SQL Reporting Compatibility: Generate audit reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Code Library: Jump-start custom integrations from working examples, with complete code samples, which can be used out-of-the-box or extended.
- Uniquely Addressable Documents: Access any Laserfiche document with a unique URL or entry ID.
- Extensible Web Interfaces: Customize Web interfaces built on ASP.NET.
- NET Toolkit: Create custom Laserfiche integrations with .NET assemblies that run natively on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines.
Laserfiche Support & Training
- Rapid-response technical support. Your Laserfiche reseller will promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise—before they impact operations or affect staff productivity.
- Online support resources. Your staff receives access to the Laserfiche Support Site, where they’ll find the detailed technical information that helps them optimize system performance and maximize uptime, as well as integrate your document repository with your organization’s other line-of-business applications.
- The latest hotfixes, updates and patches. These critical items ensure that your Laserfiche system continues to operate at peak efficiency.
- New releases. You’ll make sure your system stays current, as new releases of your licensed products are included at no additional charge.
- An easy path to growth. We’re committed to continuously improving and expanding the Laserfiche product suite. And as we do, you can credit 100% of the purchase price of your current Laserfiche software toward any new product line purchases.