With Laserfiche Records Management Edition, you easily implement an enterprise-wide records management plan, transforming your records program from a cost center into a business asset.
- Reinforce governance, risk and compliance standards.
- Support comprehensive risk management.
- Balance flexibility and control with transparent records management.
- Establish an overarching ECM infrastructure for the enterprise.
Laserfiche Records Management
Records Management: Reinforcing Information Governance
It’s a delicate, challenging balance to achieve, particularly for organizations that rely on paper records or a variety of specialized software applications for records management. Often, this means implementing a variety of specialized applications and developing new business processes. But there’s a simpler, more cost-effective way to achieve your records management goals—all from a single platform.
Laserfiche Records Management Edition (RME) serves as a foundational component of information governance at thousands of organizations around the world through four major components:
- Incorporates people, policies, technology and enterprise risk management.
- Balances the need for compliance with the ability to create value from information.
- Unites content management, business process management, DoD 5015.2-certified records management functionality and VERS compliant V2 certification.
- Increases information’s availability while preserving its integrity—reducing risk across the entire enterprise.
Maintain Precise Control with Transparent Records Management
Laserfiche has pioneered an approach called Transparent Records Management that solves this dilemma. You’ll easily create records from documents already under management and enforce enterprise-wide records policies, regardless of your records’ format, location or content and—without additional staff training.
Transparent Records Management ensures that your organization meets all of its governance mandates without compromising the ability of your staff to access the information they need to make fast, informed decisions.
- Insulate general users from file plan complexities
- Dynamically configure separate views of the repository for each business unit, providing users with access to content in the context of their business practices.
- Records managers retain control over the way information is categorized and filed, while general users access a folder structure organized more logically for their needs.
- Automate classification and filing
- Workflow functionality automates the classification of content, regardless of how it is captured or where in its lifecycle it becomes a record, eliminating the most costly component of a records management application.
- Cutoff and eligiblity dates are automatically calculated and assigned, increasing both compliance and staff productivity.
- Ensure the security of records
- Automatically track and control records from creation to destruction, making it easy to comply with regulations.
- For greater security, business users only access shortcuts to actual records.
- Automatically apply security tags to reduce the cost of regulatory compliance.
Controlled and Flexible Governance
- Implement a central point of control for all records management activities.
- Simplify governance by integrating DoD 5015.2-certified and VERS records management with workflow technology to dynamically build customized views to the repository for individual business units.
- Share and enforce best practices by automating manual processes, including content classification and filing.
Comprehensive Risk Management
- Build an ECM infrastructure that meets outside regulations and uses auditing and monitoring to incorporate internal controls.
- Promote compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, USA PATRIOT Act, SEC, FINRA and other regulations.
- Empower compliance officials to regularly review user activity, assess the effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and demonstrate regulatory compliance with built-in audit trail tracking.
- Safeguard records with comprehensive access controls.
- Reduce litigation risks associated with expired and outdated records.
- Respond to e-discovery orders quickly and confidently.
- Provide large volumes of records to auditors—instantly and without trips to the records room or offsite storage facilities.
Intuitive Enterprise Records Management
- Search for records according to status or location.
- Run reports detailing where records are in their life cycle and which records are eligible for transfer, accession or destruction.
- Access, process, manage and run reports on records using Laserfiche Web Access, a Web-based thin client.
- Ensure consistency by automating life cycle management from document creation to final disposition.
- Demonstrate proper retention rules were followed with post-disposition retention of metadata and auditing information.
- Ensure the future accessibility of your archived records with storage in nonproprietary TIFF file format.
Use SharePoint 2010 for Records Management
The joint certification reflects a commitment from both Microsoft Corp. and Laserfiche to work together to provide customers with a configurable horizontal framework that automates business processes while building on existing investments and staff skill sets.
- DoD 5015.2-certified records management.
- Complete document capture and imaging functionality.
- Turnkey transactional content management.
- Simplified workflow design with Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Accelerated deployment of SharePoint sites.
Transparent Records Management—On the Go
Laserfiche Mobile™ is a fully functional app that leverages the multi-touch screen, remote printers and camera zoom features of the Apple iPhone. When used in conjunction with the Laserfiche RME, the app allows users to create and access content without compromising governance, risk management and compliance standards.
- Constantly track mobile access and retrieval of metadata, document images and OCRed text.
- Enforce standard operating procedures even when employees are out of the office.
- Mirror IT governance strategy with role-based authorization, access control and Active Directory authentication.
An Overarching ECM Architecture for the Enterprise
- Unite collaboration, business process management, content management and records management functionality as part of the Laserfiche system’s core architecture, not through separate modules stacked together.
- Simplify business continuity planning by centralizing your organization’s information.
- Customize your system without outside consulting or on-site programming.
- Support industry-standard Microsoft® and Oracle® database platforms to maximize the value of your current IT investments.
- Manage all the components of a Laserfiche repository—fields, templates, users, groups and volumes, among others—through an easy-to-use graphical interface.
Laserfiche Enterprise Records Management Framework
- COLLABORATION GUI
- Enterprise Search
- Forms Library
- BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- Risk Management
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Access Control
- Life Cycle Management
- Library Services
- Unified Metadata Models
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Accession Transfer
- Retention Schedule Process
- Translating Published Retention Schedules
- Define cutoff instructions based on when records should be eligible for cutoff.
- Establish retention schedules based on how long a record should be retained after it is eligible for cutoff and what type of disposition it should have.
- Define locations for accessions and interim transfers, which enable you to track your records when they are outside of Laserfiche.
- Create custom cycles for time-based cutoffs and vital records review.
- Create alternate retention schedules that will only take effect if a specified event occurs.
- Applying Records Management Settings to Records
- Track the lifecycle of your records by creating and maintaining a hierarchical folder structure comprised of record series, record folders and records.
- File records without assigning settings to each individual record, because all records management settings assigned to record series and record folders are inherited by their children.
- Assign a review cycle to vital records that must be manually reviewed according to a specified schedule.
- Distinguish between documents in your repository whose lifecycle should be tracked and those that should not.
- Manage Records
- Manually close records to prevent them from being modified until eligible for cutoff.
- Freeze records temporarily at a lifecycle stage when legal holds are placed on them.
- Easily re-file records by moving them from one record folder to another.
- Maintain metadata associated with records even after they are destroyed or accessioned, to prove adherence to records compliance regulations.
- Quickly identify and collect all records that require action based on record status, eligibility and lifecycle stage.
- E-mail records management search results to users outside Laserfiche.
- Manage records in the same repository side-by-side with non-records, enabling authorized users to access any content in your repository, while the records manager tracks record lifecycle to maintain compliance.
- Automate the organization of a single repository to meet the needs of two different audiences, users of a content repository and records managers, through Transparent Records Management.
- Integrate seamlessly with other Laserfiche products, such as Workflow for automated routing, Quick Fields for batch importing and Web clients for online access.
- Use the Laserfiche SDK to create custom integrations and interfaces with third-party applications to automate or streamline records management tasks.