Put the actionable information that’s locked away in paper forms, faxes, electronic databases, legacy systems and software applications to work for you.
With Laserfiche Quick Fields, you accelerate the flow of useful information in business operations, reducing labor costs and eliminating errors associated with manual data entry—while empowering staff to use their time more productively.
- Reduce labor-intensive, error-prone manual sorting and data entry.
- Gain more control over capture processes with flexible configuration tools.
- Integrate Laserfiche Quick Fields into existing business processes.
Laserfiche Quick Fields
Optimize Your Resource Usage
Laserfiche Quick Fields transforms capture and indexing into an efficient process, helping you reclaim time and money for other important activities.
Designed for high-volume environments, Laserfiche Quick Fields’ production-level tools automatically capture precise pieces of information from paper and electronic documents, turning unstructured information into a viable, actionable resources. By improving the speed and accuracy of repetitive manual processes, Laserfiche Quick Fields also helps you conserve staff time and IT resources.
The Laserfiche Quick Fields Process
- Capture Documents From:
- Laserfiche repositories
- ISIS, TWAIN, Kofax or specialized scanners
- Network folders
- Fax servers
Pull the information you need from paper and electronic documents, faxes, forms and third-party databases and applications, eliminating information silos.
- Identify and Classify Documents Using:
- Image data
- Data from a third-party database
- Document contents
- Page size
Categorize and index documents without labor-intensive pre-sorting.
- Process Captured Images:
- Image enhancement
- Image modification or deletion
- Data extraction and validation
Use extracted information to fill in fields, apply stamps or annotations, or automatically create folder structures and file documents.
- Image quality
- Document content
- Document name
- Storage location
- Field data
- Store Processed Documents in Laserfiche:
- Store immediately or schedule a time
- Perform resource-intensive processes on storage
Capture the Power Of Your Information
- Read text from electronic documents to quickly sort documents and extract information to fill out fields and create folder paths.
- Capture and process documents in a variety of electronic formats, including PDFs and Microsoft Word documents.
- Adjust to changing business conditions by reprocessing documents already in your Laserfiche repository.
- Schedule automated processing sessions around the clock, without requiring operator intervention.
Identify and Classify Documents Without Manual Processing
With Laserfiche Quick Fields, you can easily manage multiple document classes in a single processing session, optimizing resources and improving processing speed. Classify documents using barcodes, fields, form identification or any characteristics that fit your organization’s needs—Laserfiche Quick Fields automatically pulls the information you need from large batches of unsorted documents, preventing costly errors and operational bottlenecks. You save time and resources, enabling staff to spend time on more productive tasks.
- Automatically identify and sort forms, customize information capture for specific forms and optimize the quality of scanned images.
- Use document characteristics, contents or size to identify whether a page is the beginning of a new document.
- Use iFilter technology to recognize the text associated with electronic documents.
Assign document types on the fly, improving quality assurance and eliminating reprocessing.
Categorize and Organize Unstructured Data
- Improve the accuracy of newly captured information by comparing it with data from other applications.
- Use extracted data from barcodes, document content and customizable areas of forms to automatically name, index and assign metadata to documents, kick start a Workflow process or interact with a Workflow already in process.
- Support all Laserfiche 8 field types, including multi-value fields and fields independent from templates.
- Conserve network bandwidth by automatically transferring processed documents to the Laserfiche repository at scheduled intervals.
- Image Processing
- Retrieve imaged or electronic documents from a local or network drive or a Laserfiche repository.
- Apply single processes or groups of them to documents.
- Remove extra pages such as blanks or slipsheets.
- Examine markable features to determine if they have been marked.
- Permanently place text, annotations or an image on imaged documents by location or text patterns.
- Generate sequential numbers for documents or pages.
- Use the Script Editor to add custom VB.NET and C# scripts to sessions.
- Image Enhancement
- Clean up imaged documents to improve the results of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with tools such as deskew, despeckle, line or border removal, resize, rotate, image crop, color smoothing or invert.
- Work with forms, aligning an image with an empty form or removing form structure while leaving the form data.
- Data Extraction and Storage
- Generate text from electronic documents or from imaged documents using OCR.
- Identify and extract text that fits a pattern.
- Read barcodes and use the information in document metadata.
- Generate text from a particular area on an imaged document with Zone OCR.
- Extract information from an outside database during or after processing and confirm that field values correspond to values in the database.
- Classify documents for processing and storage by a variety of means, including page measurements, search results, extracted information or comparison to a master form.