The thick Laserfiche Client and Server installations help you consolidate multiple content repositories across your organization and provide access to the information your employees need.
The Client and Server form the core of the Laserfiche enterprise content management solution, allowing you to manage content, mitigate content-related risks and simplify business processes. Laserfiche begins with basic content services and adds document capture, library services and a wide variety of other tools and functionality to improve the flow of business.
- Capture, manage and archive information in any format.
- Centrally manage your content archives.
- Accelerate business processes.
Laserfiche Client and Server
The Foundation of Your Enterprise Content Repository
Functionality of the baseline Laserfiche product includes document capture and image enhancement, storage and archiving for documents and unstructured information, easy-to-use document organization tools, annotation and metadata features, search and retrieval, collaboration and content distribution, and extensive security controls.
- Powerful content repository organized in a familiar folder tree structure.
- User-friendly client interface for enterprise content management.
- Flexible administration and repository management tools.
- Document image capture with Laserfiche Scanning.
- Capture images from a digital camera or cell phone with PhotoDocs.
- Image capture of electronic documents with Laserfiche Snapshot.
- E-mail documents directly from your repository.
- Import and work with electronic documents, such as Word files or PDFs, alongside your scanned documents.
Comprehensive Search Functionality
- Search the contents of the entire repository (imaged and electronic documents) for a specific word or phrase.
- Search for documents or folders based on their properties, user-defined metadata or text.
- Perform basic and advanced searches through simple user interfaces or with user-provided syntax.
Enhanced Image and Document Tools
- Annotate images with drawing tools, redactions, sticky notes and attachments.
- Store personal stamps on the server, enabling access for users even if they are logging in from a different client or over the Web.
- Add user-defined metadata such as tags, relationships between documents and customized field information.
- Store multiple values in a single field and search on any value independently with multi-value fields.
- Collaborate with check-in/check-out, versioning and document linking.
- Store documents in Laserfiche directly from Microsoft Office.
- Export, print or e-mail different file formats directly from the Laserfiche repository.
Flexible Capture and Storage
- Bring files into your Laserfiche repository by scanning paper documents, importing electronic documents or converting electronic documents into unalterable images.
- Support both distributed and centralized capture models.
- Duplicate your existing filing system with an easily-learned, hierarchical filing structure made up of nested directories.
- Benefit from page-on-demand technology that stores scanned image files as single-page TIFFs—downloading only the pages actually viewed, rather than entire documents—to conserve network resources.
- Maintain specific control over the storage location of images and other large content files.
- Limit storage monitoring and archival maintenance with flexible, dynamic volumes that are automatically generated based on size limits you specify.
- Allow users to restore their own accidentally deleted documents or folders from a Recycle Bin before scheduled permanent deletion from storage.
Simplified Business Administration
- Copy folders from one directory to another, speeding the duplication of commonly-used filing structures.
- Administer your repository and server from a single installation on any workstation on the network with the Laserfiche Administration Console.
- Monitor connections and port use, set up server administrators and take your repository offline or online for maintenance.
- Secure information using a flexible, granular security system to restrict access to folders, documents or metadata; create or add users and groups to ensure that the right users have access to the right information.
- Create user-definable metadata with which your users can add information to documents—and make them more searchable.
- Manage administrative settings for your storage volumes, your full-text search engine, your recycle bin and many other features.
- Track changes to your content repository using Audit Trail.