Information is one of your organization’s most important assets—and one of the most highly regulated. As the penalties associated with poor record-keeping and inadequate security grow increasingly severe, it becomes ever more critical that organizations in all industries take a proactive approach to managing and protecting information.
By constantly monitoring and recording events that occur in your document repository, Laserfiche Audit Trail plays a key role in your organization’s enterprise risk management strategy. Laserfiche Audit Trail enables you to regularly review user activity, assess the effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and demonstrate regulatory compliance. Perhaps most importantly, Laserfiche Audit Trail readily fits into your existing IT infrastructure, providing you with a detailed view of enterprise business processes—without creating additional work for your IT department.
- Protect information from unauthorized access or release.
- Increase visibility into enterprise processes.
- Generate audit reports quickly and easily.
Laserfiche Audit Trail
Meet Diverse Business Needs
Three different editions of Laserfiche Audit Trail allow you to monitor a wide variety of events in the Laserfiche repository, either repository-wide or on a per-user or -group basis.
The Starter Edition tracks basic events in the repository that involve accessing, modifying or exporting data. Basic events include:
- Login and logout.
- Creating, editing, printing or deleting documents.
- Creating, editing or deleting templates, fields and annotations.
- Adding security tags.
- Exporting documents, volumes or briefcases.
- Sending documents to the Recycle Bin.
- The Standard Edition builds on the Starter Edition by tracking additional events:
- Granting or revoking login rights for Windows accounts.
- Adding or removing users from Laserfiche groups.
- It can also record unsuccessful attempts to perform an action and gives you more granular control over which events are tracked for which users.
- Modifications to access rights.
- Modifications to repository-wide settings.
- The creation, modification or deletion of users and groups.
- Password changes.
The Advanced Edition meets the needs of organizations in the most highly regulated industries. It includes all the functionality of the other two editions, and tracks the following events as well:
It can also track all the searches users perform, require users to enter reasons for performing specific actions, and automatically add watermarks to printed or exported documents.
Reduce the Time and Expense of Compliance
Using Laserfiche Audit Trail, you can quickly produce a report listing all the actions taken on a particular document or record, demonstrating that it has not been subject to unauthorized access, alteration or release. In fact, you can easily produce reports containing almost any information an administrator or auditor requires, without having to perform tedious searches or laboriously reconstruct the chain of custody for a particular document or record.
Gain Greater Insight into Business Processes
Once audit data has been collected, authorized Laserfiche Audit Trail users can access a Web-based reporting tool to create summaries of all actions taken on a particular document or record. Reports can be easily filtered, sorted and graphed to identify trends and isolate behavior patterns. These reports make your organization’s business processes far more visible, helping you further identify risk—and prevent problems before they occur.
- Filter, sort and graph audited data via Web-based Laserfiche Audit Trail page.
- Save reports for later retrieval or sharing with others.
- Customize grid and chart view of audited data.
Minimize the Burden on Your IT Department
Using an intuitive, Web-based interface, you can easily run reports on both current and archived audit data. To minimize load on the Laserfiche Server, the system loads tracking data into its own Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Express or Oracle database, which the reporting interface then queries. As a result, you can run reports on archived data without creating an additional connection to the Laserfiche Server—and without affecting system performance.
Because you can access the reporting interface through a standard Web browser, you don’t need to perform a client installation to run reports.
This accessibility enables authorized administrators and managers to create and review audit reports using nearly any workstation, freeing IT personnel to focus on other tasks. Also, because you assign reporting rights directly to Windows trustees, managing audit-related security does not create additional work for IT.
- Configure tracking of user actions in the Laserfiche Administration Console.
- Set up reporting via the Laserfiche Audit Trail Configuration Web page using a wizard-based configuration.
- Store raw data in log files and load specific sets of information into a database that’s separate from your repository database.