With tools to quickly and reliably collect, store, search and share information, Laserfiche eases the difficulty and expense of finding and filing paper records, improving staff productivity and freeing up storage space.
Laserfiche supports student and staff achievement by providing a scalable and user-friendly standard for managing content across schools and departments district-wide. Laserfiche extends local control over filing and repository design to individual schools and departments, while still enabling the IT department to set and maintain top-level standards. The following are just a few examples of how Laserfiche can transform the way your school or school district operates.
K-12 Schools and School Districts
Facilitate Compliance with Recordkeeping Regulations
- Implement DoD 5015.2-certified records management to guarantee the integrity of your records and automatically determine which records are eligible for transfer, accession or destruction.
- Use whiteout redactions when responding to FOIA requests—making it impossible for a reader to determine how many words in a sentence were removed.
- Control confidential records, and prevent them from showing up in a repository search.
- Dynamically apply document-level security, maintaining different levels of security for each type of document within a personnel or student file.
- Log system activity to demonstrate compliance with regulations.
Automate Repeatable Work Processes
- Automate filing, indexing and processing to free up staff time.
- Minimize data entry by pulling information from a state database or SIS.
- Automate key business processes including AP processing, HR onboarding and contract management, among others.
- Trigger workflow activities from third-party applications, such as your SIS.
- Ensure adoption and minimize training with Laserfiche’s user-friendly, Windows-like interface.
Ensure Continuity of Operations
- Ensure that district maintenance employees, administrators and local police, fire and emergency personnel can instantly access critical documents via the Web.
- Organize architectural drawings, schematics and operations manuals chronologically by school, so they’re easily accessible to maintenance employees, administrators and first responders.
- Use Laserfiche Plus portable media publishing to reconstruct damaged or destroyed repositories and provide immediate access to authorized personnel.
Manage Human Resources Records
- Capture, secure and centralize all applicant information—including resumes, handwritten applications, credentials and e-mails—in Laserfiche to quickly identify the best candidates.
- Meet HIPAA requirements by segregating and securing employee health records.
- Eliminate the need to manually search personnel files for transfer requests, improving staff productivity.
- Scan and distribute paper receipts and expense reports, accelerating the reimbursement process.
- Simplify the legal process by using Laserfiche to present and disseminate information during legal proceedings.
Simplify Union Recordkeeping
- Store, search and retrieve collective bargaining agreements between the district and employee unions.
- Quickly determine a history on a particular contract provision with a simple word search.
- Manage all files relating to union negotiations, arbitrations, grievances and meeting minutes.
Integrate with Existing Application
- Provide instant access to attendance reports, transfer forms and other student documentation by integrating Laserfiche with your student information system.
- Retrieve information from back-office systems to automatically populate template fields, validate data entry and check metadata capture.
- Trigger Workflow activities from third-party applications.
- Provide Laserfiche ECM capabilities from Web portals—including Microsoft SharePoint sites—to improve information organization and access district-wide.