At one time or another, every organization needs to hire new employees. But the hiring process creates a difficult-to-control flow of resumes, cover letters, job applications, writing samples and other content that crosses multiple departments and business processes. If you work with paper files, you could end up physically transporting dozens or even hundreds of pieces of paper around the office.
By digitizing and automating the process of bringing a new employee onboard, you don’t just save paper, you also speed up the routing process, making staff members more efficient in dealing with their specific tasks.
Human Resources Onboarding
The Laserfiche Advantage
- Comprehensive capture. Capture, process and file information from a wide variety of media (paper, e-forms, electronic documents, etc.) and applications.
- Intelligent search. Instantly locate any applicant’s materials using multiple search options.
- Routing and notification. Automatically send resumes to hiring managers and alert them to new tasks with automatic e-mails.
- Transparent records management. Configure multiple views of the repository so that users can see through the cumbersome records management layout to a folder structure organized more logically for their needs.
Laserfiche Onboarding Case Study: HR Onboarding Using Agile ECM
- Resume Submitted to Recruiting Manager
- Resume submitted online shows up in recruiter’s SharePoint portal.
- Recruiter assembles application package and sends it to the ECM repository, where the file type is normalized for distribution; naming, indexing and filing conventions are standardized using SharePoint metadata; and the application package is filed in dynamically created record folders.
- Hiring Manager Receives Applicant File
- System sends hiring manager an e-mail containing a link to the application package and a copy of its contents in the body of the e-mail for review on a mobile device.
- Hiring manager makes a choice to determine the next step in the process: “reject” or “contact for interview.”
- System notifies recruiter of the next step, and, if appropriate, schedules tasks in the SharePoint portal.
- Next Steps Sent to Recruiter; Applicant Interviewed
- If an applicant is rejected, system sets an event date, which triggers the start of a retention schedule. The recruiter’s SharePoint portal is cleaned up: all tasks and references to the applicants are removed.
- If an applicant is being interviewed, their application package is moved to an interview queue accessible through the SharePoint portal.
- When the candidate comes in for an interview, completed documentation is scanned directly into the candidate’s file, where it is accessible by everyone involved in the hiring process.
- Applicant Hired; HR Takes Over
- Hiring manager selects “to hire” in the candidate’s file.
- All tasks and links relating to the new hire are removed from the recruiter’s SharePoint portal.
- New hire’s files are automatically moved to the Human Resources section of the ECM repository.
- New Hire Paperwork Received
- When an employee is hired, a retention schedule for their application package is automatically initiated.
- New hire completes all necessary employment paperwork, and HR clerk scans it into the ECM repository.
- Documents are automatically sorted and filed into folders that comply with various retention schedules.
- To facilitate data security, shortcuts to records are created in HR’s employee folder.