Quickly connecting staff with critical information is the key to cost-effectively delivering quality care. Laserfiche helps you streamline admissions, simplify patient records management, accelerate collections and reduce the cost of compliance—all without sacrificing the quality of patient care.
Laserfiche combines enterprise control with departmental flexibility. It allows hospitals to centrally and securely manage all their content, providing a critical complement to HIS, EMR and other clinical and back-office applications. It also brings benefits to clinical staff such as physicians, nurses and lab technicians while also streamlining processes within departments as diverse as admissions, accounting, billing, credentialing, HIM, human resources and more. The following are just a few examples of how Laserfiche can transform the way your hospital operates.
Manage Patient Records
- Provide immediate access to current and historical medical records.
- Automatically populate template fields, simplifying indexing and chart retrieval.
- Link supporting content such as insurance information, outside lab results and EOBs to electronic medical records.
- Protect patient information with role-based security tailored to each employee’s role and responsibilities.
- Allow doctors and staff a natural way to work with electronic records—without having to adopt aggravating and time-consuming new processes.
- Easily complement EMR/EHR systems by filling in the white space of unstructured data not encompassed in HIS, clinical and back-office applications.
Reduce the Cost of Compliance
- Minimize the risk of non-consensual release of protected health information (PHI) by storing patient data in a secure repository that limits access by user, role, folder, document and/or data field.
- Use audit trails to demonstrate adherence to established retention and access procedures.
- Log requests for records, track due dates and redact sensitive information, fulfilling release of information requirements.
- Ensure proper destruction of expired patient records with DoD 5015.2-certified records management.
- Easily put role-based security in place by linking user licenses to Windows Active Directory accounts.
Accelerate Payment Cycles
- Scan charts and other documents at the point of service, and automatically route them through verification, coding and billing workflows.
- Shorten billing cycles and enable faster discrepancy resolution with on-demand access to EOBs, claims, statements and remittance information.
- Perform electronic ADT-to-chart reconciliation.
- Manage interactions with primary, secondary and tertiary payers more efficiently.
- Simplify integration with coding, billing and other applications with an open architecture and support for the HL7 protocol.
Improve Patient Service
- Simplify the work of front-desk personnel by enabling them to quickly scan and process admissions items so they are instantly accessible the next time a patient visits.
- Empower staff to respond immediately to patient requests by providing instant access to patient information.
- Accelerate doctors’ response to patients by automatically routing test results and important updates to physicians as soon as the information is entered into Laserfiche.
- Reduce gaps in communication between healthcare providers and decrease duplicate testing.
- Centralize and control all patient information, including encounter notes, insurance information, outside lab results and EOBs.
Enhance Back-Office Processes
- Accounting: Simplify the payment cycle by automatically routing requisitions and linking documents that must be matched or reviewed for payment, such as purchase orders, bills of lading and invoices.
- Credentialing: Streamline the credentialing process by scanning and organizing payer applications, diplomas, licenses, CVs, CMEs and contracts.
- Facilities Management: Manage property and equipment purchase records, warranties, tax forms, lease agreements and repair and maintenance contracts.
- Human Resources: Automate the hiring and HR onboarding process, secure paperwork in employees’ personnel files and manage record retention schedules.
- Legal: Manage partnership and joint venture agreements, case files, business and employment contracts, compliance records and correspondence.