The goal of any federal agency should be to transform their unstructured and siloed data into something of value: information. By improving your approach to information governance, Laserfiche enables transparency and makes federal agencies more efficient, more effective and better able to create innovative solutions for a variety of needs.
Although many enterprise content management (ECM) implementations evolve out of a departmental deployment of document imaging or document management technology, your goal should be to adopt ECM as an infrastructure technology that provides information, auditing and business process management enterprise-wide.
By providing both enterprise control and departmental flexibility, Laserfiche enables federal government agencies to centrally and securely manage all enterprise content, regardless of format—quickly transforming the way your agency operates.
FederalState and Local
Mitigate Risk with Records Management
- Enforce consistent records policies, regardless of your records’ format, location or content, and without additional staff training.
- Automate life cycle management for document creation to final disposition.
- Implement transparent records management, whereby records managers create a file plan and manage retention schedules without interfering with any department’s line of business.
- Log all system activity, providing an audit trail that can be used to prove adherence to your records management plan and compliance with regulations.
- Ease e-discovery requests with enterprise search that enables users to instantly find the information required for litigation, decreasing costs and increasing efficiency.
Automate Repeatable Work Processes
- Automate complex multi-departmental business processes including AP processing, case management, contract management and HR onboarding, among others.
- Retrieve information from federal databases and third-party applications to automate filing, indexing and processing.
- Trigger Workflow activities from third-party applications such as GIS, ERP and others.
- Ensure adoption and minimize training with Laserfiche’s user-friendly, Windows-like interface.
Increase Government Transparency
- Provide an easy-to-navigate, easy-to-use public Web portal that supports standard Web browsers and can be viewed from a variety of mobile devices.
- Encourage document discovery for Web searchers—documents in your WebLink portal can be located from Web search engines the same way as other pages on the Internet.
- Deliver improved access to public records while conserving time and resources.
Reduce Storage, Paper and Labor Costs
- Connect documents stored in Laserfiche with GIS applications, ERP systems, human resources applications, financial management systems and more.
- Provide Laserfiche’s document imaging and archival capabilities from your organization’s Web portals to improve information organization and access.
- Simplify integration with programming tools and pre-packaged modules for GIS, ERP, Microsoft SharePoint and more.
- Upload and retrieve supporting documentation stored in Laserfiche directly from Web-based applications.
Respond Instantly to FOIA Requests
- Gain a single point of control over all information assets throughout their life cycles.
- Quickly and easily access, add and update information to Laserfiche file folders, regardless of format.
- Enable multiple staff members to access and work with the same file simultaneously.
- Assign templates to each file type to simplify document sorting, search and retrieval.
- Use whiteout redactions when responding to FOIA requests—making it impossible for a reader to determine how many words in a sentence were removed.