For credit unions, high member satisfaction rates combined with the slow economic recovery are creating even greater opportunities for future growth. But it’s impossible to extend service to an expanding membership base without having a clear plan for enhancing efficiency across the organization. Leveraging technology is a clear path to success.
From loans to new accounts, Laserfiche document management provides the departmental flexibility and central control necessary to automate and streamline resource-intensive business processes. By eliminating the time spent locating misfiled documents, distributing information and making copies, you provide quality services for your members—without hiring additional staff.
Streamline the Lending Process
- Electronically route a member’s loan application file through the origination, closing and funding processes.
- Automatically populate member or loan index information to reduce manual data entry.
- Track missing or expired documents to ensure compliance and reduce risk.
- Retrieve documents pertaining to any relationship based on any one of a number of different indexes, including loan number, SSN or EID, document type or collateral description.
- Strengthen loan administration procedures in case of an audit or other examination.
Increase Staff Productivity
- Retain global control over document filing, retention and disposition while providing different departments with the flexibility to customize their filing structure and workflows.
- Automate time-consuming accounting and human resources tasks such as invoicing, contract management and more.
- Utilize workflow technology to expedite the new account opening process.
- Extract data to automatically update back-office systems.
Maximize the Value of Existing Technology Investments
- Integrate with Check 21 solutions to store check images in the Laserfiche repository.
- Easily develop integrations with any non-proprietary software, providing information on demand, as well as document collaboration and movement capabilities.
- Retrieve information from databases and other back-office systems to automatically populate template fields, validate data entry and check metadata capture.
- Trigger Workflow activities from third-party applications like CRM, COLD, branch automation software and a variety of back-office systems.
- Provide Laserfiche ECM capabilities from Web portals—including Microsoft® SharePoint® sites—to improve information access.
Accelerate Audits while Reducing Compliance Costs
- Provide auditors with instant access to digital files, decreasing the amount of staff time needed to prepare for these reviews and enabling remote audits.
- Reduce the storage burden of complying with recordkeeping regulations.
- Automate document retention and destruction—eliminating lost documents.
- Enforce standard operating procedures that ensure data authenticity, integrity and retention by automating internal processes.
- Constantly monitor document access, editing, printing, deletion and export to maintain the highest standards of security.
Improve Member Service
- Improve access to member records and make information available to authorized employees on demand, elevating member service levels and decreasing wait times.
- Archive and retrieve member records quickly and cost-effectively, without the unnecessary overhead associated with copying, transporting and filing paper documents.
- Reduce misfiling, document loss and related costs.
- Automatically route loan documents to the correct employees for review and approval, accelerating processing time.
- Increase transparency by providing a secure public Web portal that grants members instant access to their information, decreasing the burden on branch staff.