With tools to quickly and reliably collect, store, search and share information campus-wide, Laserfiche eases the difficulty and expense of storing paper records and complying with recordkeeping requirements.
From the Provost’s Office, Buildings and Grounds and Institutional Development, to Financial Aid, Student Services and academic departments, Laserfiche balances enterprise control with departmental flexibility. It provides a standard for disaster recovery, recordkeeping compliance and business process automation campus-wide while granting diverse departments control over their own filing structures and workflow.
Colleges and Universities
Enhance Business Office Efficiency
- Automate key business processes including AP processing, HR onboarding and contract management, among others.
- Improve staff productivity by removing the need for time-consuming manual filing.
- Digitize and barcode timesheets for easy storage and retrieval.
- Eliminate the need for file cabinets, freeing up space for faculty offices or classrooms.
- Ensure adoption and minimize training with Laserfiche’s user-friendly, Windows-like interface.
Ensure Continuity of Operations
- Ensure that administrators, maintenance employees and local police and fire departments can instantly access critical documents via the Web in case of an emergency.
- Organize architectural drawings, schematics and operations manuals by school so they’re easily accessible in times of crisis.
- Use Laserfiche Plus portable media publishing to reconstruct damaged or destroyed repositories and provide immediate access to authorized personnel.
Centrally Manage Faculty Records
- Easily meet recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensure consistency of information with custom templates.
- Improve staff productivity by automatically indexing and filing incoming paperwork.
- Instantly fulfill data-driven, specialized queries of records.
- Protect confidential personnel files with granular, role-based security.
- Streamline the faculty credentialing process.
More Quickly Disburse Financial Aid
- Streamline the collection of financial aid materials.
- Eliminate the need for manual data entry by auto-populating template fields.
- Automatically route documents to the correct financial aid counselor for review and approval, accelerating processing time.
- Grant simultaneous access to financial aid files, eliminating the need to copy and transport documents.
- Instant search and retrieval capabilities improve student service by decreasing wait times.
Guarantee Student Record Security
- Implement DoD 5015.2-certified records management to simplify compliance with recordkeeping requirements.
- Eliminate misplaced files, files lost in transit from off-site records storage facilities and inappropriately accessed files.
- Control confidential records, and prevent them from showing up in a repository search.
- Guarantee security all the way down to individual words with blackout and whiteout redactions.
- Log system activity to demonstrate compliance with regulations.
Integrate with Existing Applications
- Retrieve information from back-office systems to automatically populate template fields, validate data entry and check metadata capture.
- Trigger Workflow activities from third-party applications.
- Provide Laserfiche ECM capabilities from Web portals—including Microsoft SharePoint sites—to improve information organization and access enterprise-wide.