Every organization has invoices that need to be paid. An efficient accounts payable (A/P) process helps conserve cash, enables staff to focus on revenue-generating activities and minimizes the chance that the organization will be seen as a bankruptcy risk due to late payments.
Laserfiche speeds and simplifies the capture, processing, review and approval of A/P documentation. Benefits include reduced processing time, more timely payments, streamlined reporting and more.
The Laserfiche Advantage
- Comprehensive capture. Capture information from a wide variety of media (paper, e-forms, electronic documents, etc.) and applications.
- Batch processing. Automatically extract data from a large number of invoices, eliminating the need for manual indexing, sorting and filing.
- Instant search. Instantly locate any invoice using multiple search options.
- Intelligent routing and notification. Automatically send invoices to A/P clerks and approvers, alerting them to new tasks with automatic e-mails.
- Comprehensive audit trails. Monitor and record all of the activities that occur during A/P processing using Laserfiche Audit Trail.
- Remote access. Grant contractors and others read-only access to content stored in the Laserfiche repository, minimizing the need for A/P staff to pull files and provide status updates.
- Easy integration with existing applications. Image-enable your ERP or accounting system so that invoice data is available in these applications with the click of a button.
Laserfiche A/P Processing
- Capture: Invoices are batch-scanned and processed using Laserfiche Quick Fields.
- Routing: Laserfiche Workflow automatically routes invoices to their assigned A/P staff members, who receive notification via e-mail.
- Review & Approval: A/P employees review relevant invoices in Laserfiche. Using a drop-down menu, they approve or deny payment. Workflow then routes the invoices back to the technicians who cut the checks.
- Auditing: Laserfiche Audit Trail tracks all activity within the Laserfiche repository throughout the entire process, giving the organization greater visibility into—and control over—the way A/P-related tasks are performed.
- Storage & Archival: Invoices and related documentation are stored in the Laserfiche repository for easy retrieval. With integration, these documents can be made available through other applications.